A lodge of research is a group of Freemasons interested in the entertainment, inspiration and information to be found in an application of the principles of scholarship and historical investigation to the study of the origins and history of the oldest fraternity in the world. A Research Lodge is a Masonic lodge that is devoted to Masonic research. It is a lodge, and as such has a charter from some Grand Lodge. However, it does not confer degrees, and restricts membership to Master Masons of some jurisdiction in amity with the jurisdiction that the research lodge is in.
- The American Lodge of Research
- Western New York Lodge of Research
- Infinity Lodge of Study and Research
- Justice Robert H. Jackson Lodge of Study and Research
- Veritas Lodge of Study and Research (District Grand Lodge of Syria-Lebanon)